Monday, September 12, 2011

Charlottes Brocante behind the scenes

My name is Amy and I am the person behind Charlottes Brocante. It is named after one of my daughters.This came from a dream I had to go to France twice a year and you have made it happen.I would try to say thank you in another more meaningful way bit I simply have no words.You have brought so much joy and friendship into my life.

I have 6 children.Yes,I said 6.At this time last year I had 4. My precious adopted daughter Kylie graduated from college in May and is now a missionary in Haiti. I miss her terribly but she is in laying her life down to serve Jesus and is in his will and so in this life I will miss our everyday life of talking and being together for all the eternal work going on. Two year olds in the street are having dinner now.She is one of my heroes. Over the past several months two children from our church had parents that are not able to take care of them because of various addictions.They now reside with us. This has been such a difficult time but the beauty out weighs it all.One of the children we have was using a hole outside to go to the bathroom. 2011 in the united states. Not okay. My husband agrees that this one needs to come home.


My husband .He is amazing. He makes me feel safe and beautiful and loved. Last night as we sat around the table for dinner I looked around at my newly expanded family. I have only had my table filled up for family dinners with beautiful ironed linens and silver.That table was more beautiful than any other time I had ever been there. Paper towels and plates. After dinner my husband prayed for each of the children per there request of what they needed in life.It is such a tender moment I will treasure in my heart to bring out when times are hard.


I am not writing this to say look what we are doing. I am writing this to say look at what God is doing. Everything we do is because he has allowed us to do it. On my own I am selfish and broken.With him I can do all things. Because of his grace for me I can give it to others. The same goes for love and compassion and every other good gift...........they all come from above. He is growing us and our children to love the things of him. I wish every one of you that read this blog would know the Jesus I know. The loving unconditonal no matter what you do or have ever done Jesus.The Jesus who numbers the hairs on your head and knows everything about you Jesus.The Jesus who loves you Jesus who says you have been adopted ,accepted and redeemed Jesus. The Jesus who longs to calls you his own and created you in his image Jesus.The Jesus that says, "One day I will wipe every tear from your eyes.There will be no more pain no more suffering and no more dying "Jesus. He will rock your world this Jesus if you say yes to him.


So that is Charlottes Brocante Amy behind the scenes Amy. I love Jesus , my family and the Brocante in that order.Shirley, Janet and my Kims are up there too in no paticular order.It is raining in Paris.I can't wait to let it fall on me.


3 comments:

  1. So glad I know you, Amy, you are a beautiful soul...!!! I am sad I missed the sale on Friday, it just wasn't in my budget this time! Hugs and kisses!!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Amy, this brought tears to my eyes in a good way you know that.I feel so blessed that God brought you into my life at the time he did.You are truly heaven sent to me there is no doubt about that.Your one of my besties no doubt.I have learned so much from you already and hope to continue to do so.You are truly a positive influence and I am grateful for that.
    You are the most loving, giving person I have ever met and I do see Gods work within your entire family.I love your kids they are amazing I enjoy them sooo.Your Mr.is pretty darn cool too.
    You are a blessing to my family as well as so many others.Blessings to you and your entire family and may you continue to follow Gods quest.
    I will keep you all in my prayers and wish you a fabulous and safe trip.It will be a long 12 days without but also so excited that you do this all for us.I am lovin my treasures and playing in it right now~Cheers Kim xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a long 12 days without "You" is what I was trying to write.Oops!

    ReplyDelete