Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brocante day deux and then to the chateau.......

This is the precious gate that goes to Mark and Shirleys house.(chateau)Yes ,I said chateau. A petite chateau. J'adore. Were not going there until tomorrow. There is more brocanting to do.
Here I am all bundled up for the wet weather with my rain boots on. Shirley was making fun of my boots but at the end of the day I had dry feet and she did not. I am just saying.
Everyone and there dog was at the brocante.This little frenchie was so cute.
All of the vans line up and then a person on his bicycle rides buy and declares the market open.
....then we are off and running.Sooooooooooooo much fun. I got bottle holders and a french map on canvas. Old reels of french film and hemp towels. Millenary feathers and old menus and boxes with french writing. Shirley got the most amazing wallpaper sample book she has listed right now on her ebay store and I am going to be wanting that. She also bought pages with french crowns and monogram scraps. It was a great market, I hope to go to again .And were is Mark in all this? He is running back and fourth to the car carrying our things emptying the bags and then in between he makes sure we have plenty of cafe and water. He is a english gentleman. You cannot carry anything or open your door.And he laughs at all his own jokes so we don't have to entertain him at all. No you cannot come so don't ask.It took me 4 years of begging and I do mean begging. I will tell you more about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time-its something I have always fancied having a go at-one day maybe !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new adventures in the north of France? Bonne année, AMy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tartelette Amy.............the only person who could arrive from Paris wearing Gustavian grey wellies!!!
    Amy....I have found you your own petite chateau...see the pics on my blog!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete