Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To muse or not to muse that is the question......

I present to you Madame Shirley(she is the one in the middle) She only looks like this at the brocante when people are eyeing her gear. Really to give you a visual of Shirley and Mark think Angelina and Brad......then forget about it. Maybe throw in some oompa loompa and your getting close.(On another note you cannot believe the things you can find at the brocante.I found Brad and Angelina there in Auqust a year and a half ago.I will have to post those photos sometime.) There will be no photos of Mark and Shirley as some things are just to sacred to share. Outside of her face etched in my mind we have our Jane Fonda workout nights to remember. It is how I shall carry on until we meet again.
Shirley plus textiles equals insanity.She has been at it for 25 years and is going strong. She found this building outside and called me on the telly to get me to come over.We bought a ton of stuff from this couple.Shirley got some incredible silk curtains and fabrics and gorgeous rouge ribbon on the original spool.I found a box of crowns and medals that were brass and tole painted from costumes .After much bartering I bought them all.It was a great day of fun.
We ran out of money or would have bought even more as it truly was one of the best spots for textiles. We found it towards the end of the day but what a great way to end it.
The last time I was at Le mans with Shirley I got this fabulous bed couronne. Snatched it right from under her nose.I feel a little bit guilty....NOT!!! See you tomorrow at lisieux.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow!
    Great & Fun Post!!
    xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh be still my heart! How I would love, love, love to go on an adventure like that.So happy you got to go and your such a Tarte LoL no really you are sweet as can be to think of all of us at home,~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only you could see her in her shoulder pads, knee guards, face visor and shin pads fighting her way through the brocante for treasures..................

    ReplyDelete